Toy-Customizer-Feature: Abe Viljoen

ABE VILIJOEN

TOYSREVIL: Who you are (nick/name). Where are you from? What is your (preferred) style?

ABE VILJOEN: My name is Abe Viljoen, but I usually operate under The Given (Blog / deviantArt / @GivenCollective). I am from Cape Town in South Africa. My prefered style is usually computer based and I excel at digital manipulation, but find I always go back to the hand in the end as its more personal and your true style really comes through.

[CLICK THRU for more]

THE-DRUMMER-Dunny-2
THE-DRUMMER-Dunny-1

TOYSREVIL: What are your design-influences?

ABE VILJOEN: Design Influences... My biggest influence is definately street art, the constantly evolving and ephemeral quality of it. Other than that I really enjoy following toy designers like 123Klan and Flying Fortress.

Frank-the-Dunny-2
Frank-the-Dunny-1

TOYSREVIL: What is your favourite toy-form to customize?

ABE VILJOEN: At the moment I have only done the two Dunny's, unfortunately getting hold of vinyl toys here in South Africa can be quite difficult and rather expensive, so I generally get what I can. I do have a 5" Munny waiting to be customised though. Gonna be epic as it will be the first time I get off the small 3" customs.

THE-GIVEN-CUSTOM-SHOES
[More custom painted shoes here]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK