CLEA 2010 - CE Battle Artist Feature: nokhookdesign from Thailand

NOKHOOKDESIGN-CLEA

With a day before the "CE Battle" begins @ CLEA 2010 [www / tagged] in Bangkok, Thailand, we turn our undivided attention on Anukun aka nokhookdesign. CLICK THRU to find out more about the inspiration for his chosen CE design, and to peep his splendid design work!

NOKHOOKDESIGN-CE-DESIGN

TOYSREVIL: What was the genesis / design inspiration / concept of your chosen CE-design submission?

ANUKUN: I all started with my interest in Lanna culture. I used colors from the mural painting like gold and silver and some postures of the statues I found in Chiang Mai. I wanted to adapt the old culture with the toy design so it will be brought back to life again.

NOKHOOKDESIGN-CE-PAINT
NOKHOOKDESIGN-WALLPAPER

What is your "Plan Of Battle"?

ANUKUN: I didn’t plan much. I don’t really see it as a competition but a good opportunity to exchange idea between artists and meet new friends.


[3 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen Viewing]

What are your design influences (as an artist)? How do you engage a custom toy / your process of work? What is your preferred or signature style of customization?

ANUKUN: I like works of Devilrobots, Friends With You, Tado, 8e88 and many other Asian artists that applied their local culture with their works. I use gold color and leave the brushstroke on my toy to resemble the antique statues.


[5 x images in slideshow above of CUSTOM TOYS / Full-screen Viewing]

What are you looking forward to do for CLEA? And for this event in Thailand?

ANUKUN: I’m looking forward to meet friends and many other designers. We met only on facebook and twitter. I really want to see my toy being displayed in this exhibition.


[4 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen Viewing]

Share with us, who you are (name/nick)? And what's the next project people should look out for from you?

ANUKUN: My name is Anukun (nokhookdesign). My coming project next month is an exhibition in Chiang Mai, you can check it out at via www.nokhookdesign.com or on my Facebook


[3 x images in slideshow above of GRAPHIC DESIGN / Full-screen Viewing]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK