CLEA 2010 - CE Battle Artist Feature: Six from Thailand

SIX-CE-DESIGN

We first featured Thai freelance designer SIX's work via her custom hand-painted CEs for CLEA 2010. Now we get to have a Q&A with her which you can CLICK THRU to read. Show above is her chosen CE-design submissions which has gotten her into the CE Battle, currently going on at CLEA in Bangkok, Thailand!

SIX-KHON-TRADITION
SIX-THAI-REF

TOYSREVIL: What was the genesis / design inspiration / concept of your chosen CE-design submission?

SIX: Thai Khon Traditional Mask is my inspiration for this design contest. Khon is a traditional most sophisticated form of Thai mask drama which combines gracefulness with masculinity in its dancing and singing. The actors performs wearing the Khon mask.

SIX-THAI-PAINTING

SIX: The Khon mask still has another meaning in Thai - the Khon mask symbolizes another side of your mind, while you want to hide what you be.
 
Actor Mask, Bad or Good, shows my design which inspired from the other side of people while comparing with present society. Outside the Khon mask may look good in appearance, but we don't really know what is underneath the Khon mask. Good or Bad.

SIX-CE-CONCEPT-BOARD
SIX-CE-PAINTED

TOYSREVIL: What is your "Plan Of Battle"?

SIX: I will try my best to present Thai style, but arrange it to be more International.


[16 x images of artwork & illustrations above / Full-screen Viewing]

TOYSREVIL: What are your design influences (as an artist)? How do you engage a custom toy / your process of work? What is your preferred or signature style of customization?

SIX: I'm addicted to Thai traditional "form design" art, which always "blinks up" when I want to fill it in my design works.

I love to hand-paint my work, and sculpt it by myself. I feel it would make it more valuable than looking "machine-made", but yes, mass production is still necessery.


[8 x images of products in slideshow above /Full-screen Viewing]

SIX: I love Thai art form. For me: the suit of Thai warriors is the most attractive art. However, I still love the fantasy. Then, I always combine both of this together for my works which I have a plan to use this inspiration for my future project/s.


[5 x images of Game Scene illustration in slideshow above / Full-screen Viewing]

TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to do for CLEA? And for this event in Thailand?

SIX: I'm working with some more information for the design and try to choose the right product for my design.

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, who you are (name/nick)? And what's the next project people should look out for from you?

SIX: Just call me Six, I'm Thai freelance designer, check my portfolio at

- Cartoon Animation on YouTube

- E-learning on NSM here and here.

- Graphic Design on Sixartists-blogspot

- Illustration & Sculpture on Deviant Art

I have 2 future plans. The first one is Character design from Thai traditional tales
The second one, I will try to develop model from the "recycle" things like the "kaytee" wood. I want to make it in series from "Thai Fantasy" for decoration and showcase. It may sell via website or any home decoration shop.

SIX-CE-MTV
[View more of hand-painted CE by SIX for MTV Thailand on Facebook]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK