Thunderpanda Custom Munnys @ Munny World Festival Indonesia (Flashback 2010)

WHAT: I was in Jakarta last year in late-September, as a Special Invited Guest by Plastic Culture for Munny World Festival Indonesia. I did not manage to finish my coverage. There are loads more to be shared. This is one such post…

THUNDERPANDA-MUNNYS-01

Spotted at MWFI was a trio of custom Munnys from Indonesian artist Thunderpanda for which I thoroughly relished, but has since never seen the execution of which ever happening again. The munnys in question are these three, each filled with measured depth and the subtle sophistication and deft charm of a rainbow rusting, a vintage decadence of treasured finds, likened unto decaying neon-signs glimmering bluntly in the sunlight ~ the figures I saw before me was awesome upon itself, IMHO.

THUNDERPANDA-MUNNYS-02

I had neglected to ask Eric whether these were before the "current" style of freeform doodling and coloring, or a certain phase separate from reality (or maybe I had, but had forgotten the answers…). Nevertheless, I personally yearn to see more of this particular style. Check out images of his "current" style on separate Munny customs posted below:

THUNDERPANDA-MUNNYS-03THUNDERPANDA-MUNNYS-04
THUNDERPANDA-MUNNYS-05
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK