TOYSREVIL-Flashbacks: Hello Kitty x McDonalds Plushes and TVCs


Years ago, while I had a decade-long career in local media, I had done my first ever (and only) McDonald's commercial with Hello Kitty as the main focus. I was promoting both the Kitty and Daniel plushes in my job as the Art Director for the production house filming the TVC (of which a video I have since been trying to find online, even until now. I was given a grainy VHS, so that did not really work LOL). Luckily I snapped quite a number of pics of the shoot!


Remember when Singapore saw it's first publicized "toy-riot" and glass-breaking because of disgruntled folks queuing up for plush toys? Well, these are the toys and these were the first series of TVCs showcasing the varied Asian and International influences and travels (although I can hardly claim to be the riot-instigator) in question. You can see some of the plush toys in question on I Heart Hello Kitty.

These are some behind-the-scenes snaps of production day. Through all the in-studio drama, I think the visuals came out pretty well too. And based on the date-stamp on the snaps, these were filmed circa 1992? The products appeared early 2000, so it might have been a coupla months prior? Faded memories eternally engrained, no less ;p


Ironically, I was shooting with plushes on different sets out of entirely paper (by me and my team) ~ my actual first ever experience with paper-crafting even before the notion of starting a blog and blogging about paper toys, imagine that! LOL

P/S: I wish I had posted larger pics tho ~ maybe next time when I find the photos again I will scan them larger this time LOL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK