1/6 Plastic-Crack-Addicts Feature: David Tan & his art-toy blended hobby adventures

We used to call folks addicted to the 1/6th-hobby as likened to addicted to "Plastic Crack" ("Crack" being a drug, with "Plastic" being the material make of our beloved man-dollies - which we never claim to be "dolls"). I have since found a group of select "Plastic Crack Addicts", and would like to present their collections to all to share. I am also a PCA, and I know how it feels. You Are NOT Alone!
Today's PCA-member is David Tan from Filmoo - not only is he insane over movies (and sneakers, and tees and…), he is also a toy-addict. Today we see 1/6th-scaled figures from David which includes an interesting blend between 1/6 and "art toys"! From here onwards, all words are David's :)

DAVID-TAN-KITBASH-01
[David likes his beer … and so does his 1/6-counterpart ;p]

ADDICTION-HISTORY: I started 'loving' 1/6 figures when military figures started to emerge, I remember it was dragon figures, while many collectors are into that military, I am really interested in more like figures with urban clothing and for sure, based on movies, I believe that my first 1/6 is that detective chow (based on character of chow yun fat in the corruptor), for me 1/6 figures with many articulation are cool for many poses, besides basically I just love any form of toys since I was a kid.

DAVID-TAN-KITBASH-02

WHO-POISONED-YOU-WHO-DID-YOU-POISON: It was never been that someone poisoned me, toys are just my things since I was a kid, when I started this, I was all alone, right now, I am more into a person who poisoned other collectors and have been a successful one especially those 3a lines (I poisoned people but actually poisoned myself too)

DAVID-TAN-KITBASH-03

WHO: Orange clothing guy, just some kitbash that I did, imagine what if the 'masked rider' is using 'urban-looks' and transform into different version of Kamen Rider (using that RedONI from Kamen Rider Helmet series)
- As for the Bear thing, I just bought a custom Knuckle Bear 1/6 figures and kitbash a bit using what I got that not used
- Agent45 and the crew, beside 1/6, designer toys also interest me, and one day, I was thinking, what if using my custom munny head and put them using 1/6 body, the results are some that you see on the pictures.
WHERE DO YOU SCORE YOUR POISON THESE DAYS: These days, toys are very easy to get, when I started this, especially in my country, not really many sellers are selling (yes, I started very very early) I believe that action figures are the starting point in here, as for me I shops in overseas (for me is kind like a heaven when I visit Hongkong), right now, beside overseas, and those trends of Hot Toys and Enterbay lines, you will see many toys sellers in this country, Indonesia.

DAVID-TAN-KITBASH-04

WHAT IS YOUR DRUG OF CHOICE NOW:
01. 3A (right now, these lines are so crazy and many people are really into it, I've been into this since last year, I just wish I know this line since the beginning (Nom de Plume)

02. Small toy companies who make 1/6, finding some small companies who make some toys from movies that I love, are great (I am still looking for that Bruce Willis from Die Hard 3-Dirty Johnny, who is the my first interest in small companies' toys). Shown directly above is the accessory-set that came along with the "Face-Off" set.

03. What else? Hot Toys and Enterbay

04. RAH Medicom, always a fan, I actually got many on this (in my collection) compared to HT and EB!

Happy Hunting, David!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK