Best Trikky by Grimsheep for Munnyworld Megacontest

U.S.-based artist Own DeWitt aka Grimsheep is well know (well, at least in my eyes) for his clear and crisp character designs and lines, and it came as no surprise when his TRIKKY custom was voted to be BEST TRIKKY in the recent Munnyworld Megacontest! Judge Paul Budnitz commented: "The craftsmanship on this TRIKKY is remarkable. I love the flatness/depth juxtaposition -- most of the body paint and clothing are totally without shadow, but the artist has added both depth and reflection to the eyes, as well as to the folds of the kimono."

I knew I had to bug Owen about his "Kitsune"!

grimsheep-kitsune-01

TOYSREVIL: What is the name of your custom, and what is it's "story?"

GRIMSHEEP: The name of the custom more a description than a name. Kitsune is the Japanese word for fox, and in Japanese folklore they are magical creatures that can take human form.

grimsheep-kitsune-02

TOYSREVIL: How did you feel about finding out the win then? And has things changed now, one week into the announcement? How is Grimsheep handling the adoration?

GRIMSHEEP: Needless to say I was very happy. No dramatic changes; I've had many well wishes from people, resulting in more emails to reply to. Heh, I don't know about adoration, but I do have some very generous fans. It is a little odd; I still feel like I am the fan and not the other way around.

TOYSREVIL: You are especially well-known for your crisp and clean lines - how do you do it?

GRIMSHEEP: A decent liner brush, and paint of the proper consistency is pretty crucial. I guess a lot of practice and patience doesn't hurt either ;)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK