Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon


Weinberg over at Twitchfilm hated it. Ron Henriques over at Latino Review liked it. And SuperHeroHype has one final trailer to show (screengrabs posted here). TRANSFORMERS 3 hit the screens and folks all over are going to get into the alien invasion by giant robots, courtesy of Michael Bay. Actor Shia LeBeouf sees no role form Sam Witwicky in future installments (beyond "guest spots"), so perhaps this might be last we see of this incarnation of "a boy and his robot" (but there's Real Steel picking up the schtick, so there).

TRANSFORMERS-STILLS-01

I remember being such a geekoid when the first installment of the Michael-Bay directed Transformers was premiered in 2007. I had constant blog-coverage (including the animated series toys!), and even wrangled my way to a local teaser screening (the one and only time anyone ever gave me the time of cinema-day in Singapore). And I stayed a staunch fan, until Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, when the movie left me sightly disappointed. Years later, I caught said-movie again on DVD, and found myself thoroughly enjoying the inanity, shaking my head constantly at the ridiculousness witnessed before me, and wondered why I disliked it earlier? Perhaps seen on the big screen, the mass hysteria of 2 might well be lost, but for the smaller format of a residential plasma-screen screening.

TRANSFORMERS-STILLS-02 TRANSFORMERS-STILLS-05

Nevertheless, I had lost blog-interest and not trailed the Dark of the Moon as I had before with Part One. Fast forward to today, surrounded by promos of a massive alien robot invasion, I long to go watch the movie!

It has so ingrained in the mass public's perceptions, it defines geekhood. Case in point: I was at a doctor's appointment not too long ago, and at the waiting room, there are tv screens showing both waiting-cue-numbers, and programming from either in-house medical-themed videos, or the local English-speaking free-to-air channels.

A little girl - around 4-6 years old? - was with her parents waiting for their turn, and she sat in front of the telly. Then a Transformers tv-spot came on screen, and the first thing she exclaimed (rather excitedly) was; "TRANSFORMERS!" Not doubt her parents might have explained it to her when she saw the spot at home, but for her to recognize that, is pretty amazing in this day an age, although not too surprising.

TRANSFORMERS-STILLS-04 TRANSFORMERS-STILLS-03

Toy-makers Hasbro really has a product that will survive the test of time, beyond toy-aisles and movies, and that too is pretty amazing, IMHO. Now to go over to The Dark Of The Moon!

So what did YOU think of the film?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK