Casket Cruiser by Josh Herbolsheimer for Super7 @ SDCC 2011

ROSE-CASKET-CRUISER-SDCC-01

One of the very few prototypes that had my attention at the recent San Diego Comic-Con, was Josh Herbolsheimer's CASKET CRUISER = an evolved variation of his Rose Vampire character, now sat within a coffin/casket (love it I can see the wood-grains on the top), ready to speed own the limbo highway! And while the form itself is simplistic and evocative at it's best, it is the sheer spirit of the contraption, which tugged at my retro-lurving heart, and reminded me loads of the days of "Wacky Races"! Gawds but I miss those days… which wasn't so surprising when years later, I'd even latch unto flicks like Cannonball Run (*cowers in shame*) and even DeathRace 300O and it's ilk! (Although, it does not really say this cruiser actually 'has' wheels under there ;p)

ROSE-CASKET-CRUISER-SDCC-02 ROSE-CASKET-CRUISER-SDCC-03

And while we first posted the unpainted prototype here, shown here instead is the figure painted for subsequent days of display at SDCC [Images via Cool Toy Review + MWC Toys] …. Irony being, I do not have a driver's license - although I drive plenty a car in my dreams LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK