Gallery Images + Q&A for Sweet & Sorrow by Kathie Olivas @ Stranger Factory

We've featured artworks and sculpts for Kathie Olivas' solo show SWEET & SORROW at the Stranger Factory not too long ago (all artworks viewable & listed for sale online here), and now we present a little Q&A with Kathie herself (along with gallery display space images), on the show, her craft, and what is to come in the near future…

IMG_4744

TOYSREVIL: What is your own impression of the show, and the artworks on display? A showcase of your skills and styles? Or yet another evolutionary process?

KATHIE OLIVAS: I'm very happy with the show; ideally I always want to be able to finish everything I start for a show, but this show was very last minute as we just opened the new gallery space. Many of these pieces have been in process for over a year, so technically I feel this is some of my best work. I consider all of my work to be in constant evolution.

IMG_4745
IMG_4748 IMG_4746

TOYSREVIL: More "Sweet" than "Sorrow"? Or the other way around?

KATHIE OLIVAS: Definitely both; to me every piece has to have that perfect balance to be successful. I also don't think sorrow should be taken as a negative concept; we slowly grieve for the past because we idealize it, but it also reminds us to enjoy the good things.

IMG_4743

TOYSREVIL: What's next on the tip of the paint-brush?

KATHIE OLIVAS: Toys! with convention season around the corner I'll be locked away in the studio hand-painting mini skelves and Boos for the next few months...
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK