Post-SDCC Q&A with Jeremy Dale aka Valleydweller

We spoke to Jeremy Dale aka Valleydweller [Interviewed here] about his personal impressions for the recent San Diego Comic-Con, as well i included snaps from his SDCC-dedicated Flickr-album (all pics via).

one end of con hall #autostitch
Cattle Badge Pickup. Avoided most of this

TOYSREVIL: How was SDCC this year for you? (Compared to previous years) Is this your first?



VALLEYDWELLER: This year was amazing. Last year, the ONLY person I really knew in the toy scene was Steve Talkowski aka Sketchbot. This year, not only did I know a lot more people, but many actually knew me as well. Lots of introductions and love all around. 


SCRIBE Scifi display sweetness.
Sideshow WETA awesomeness Sideshow WETA awesomeness

VALLEYDWELLER: Having gone last year, it was easy to re-up my Professional badge, and I made sure to do so early. I nearly ended up not coming down, due to finances, but having enough frequent flyer miles on Virgin to get a free flight made me finally pull the trigger.


I'm glad I did, because a week before the show, Kuso Vinyl tapped me to do some signings at their booth. 


My DIY Spiki from Thurs&Fri. Practice cat, Space, Celsius-Baharroth, Grid, Murloc, & Shadow Spiki

TOYSREVIL: What was your favorite part of SDCC this year? And least favorite?



VALLEYDWELLER: Most favorite: KANPAI KARAOKE!

Least favorite: waiting in line for what felt like (and may have been) hours to get into the DTAs.

Both had added value of great people being around to socialize with though, so the latter wasn't as painful due to conversation and antics.


@dragatomi Kanpai Kareoke goody bag revealed Trying to catch up wit the guy who sought out and purchased up my custom 10-doh. Thanks!
[Kanpai Karaoke goodie-bag contents / Squid-Ink Custom]

VALLEYDWELLER: Another favorite, Someone picked up my Squid Kids Ink 10-Doh! custom zombie cartridge, so I sold a piece this year without even knowing it was at the show :)


Heavy. What did you do, Ray?

TOYSREVIL: Has this year's offerings/variety/vendors/products met your expectations? What was your fav score?



VALLEYDWELLER: I'd have to say it exceeded, due to the fact that I went way over my budget :) 


Key grab: Jesse Hernandez' Bandito Muerto. Totally a surprise buy. I hadn't even seen the figure until your reveal (Thanks, Andy... My wallet hates you).


Secondary Purchase: a big bag of stuff from the DKE display sale at the end of the show. Great deals. Great people.



@drilone and @chauskoskis hittin up DIY Spiky at @kusovinyl Bandito Dropping at Kidrobot.  Jesse Hernandez in the house.
Final SDCC loot stack

TOYSREVIL: Would you go again next year?



VALLEYDWELLER: Absolutely.
 Designer Con in November will have to tide me over until then :)


Signed and numbered

FYI: We've posted about Jeremy's LE button packs before, and folks interested in them can contact him for singles. As well folks interested in his custom Spiki (shown up top) are to contact Kuso Vinyl for availability. For more recent updates, check out blog.valleydweller.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK