TOYSREVIL's Top Ten Awesome Stuff Worth Getting From SDCC 2011

And by "Stuff" - I meant nothing degratory but for the lack of a "catch-all" category/phrase encompassing trading cards, apparel, prints, keycharms, coins, statues, bobble-heads and erasers. Hey, welcome to my world, folks!

TOP-TEN-SDCC-STUFF

Here I list Top Ten Awesome Stuff I would love to score at the coming San Diego Comic Con (www) and while I am actually unable to attend, I could still afford myself some wishful-thinking, no? Hopefully this can as well guide you to wonton purchasing and generally having fun shopping at SDCC! *Read-ON*

SIDEKICKMEDIA-SDCC-CARDS-01 SIDEKICKMEDIA-SDCC-CARDS-02

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #1: Trading Cards from SideKick Media
WHY: Being a Trading-Card-FREAK-Fanatic (yes, I finally admitted it out loud - now embrace me like a brother of the hobby), SideKick Media's foil-stamped cards are pretty cool - especially the Ron English-artwork on these cards, whose back is a puzzle to form a complete picture! US$3.50 for singles, or US$24.99 for the complete 8 cards packaged in blister-packs. Exclusively available via the Toy Tokyo booth #5437 [MORE]. In a way, "trading cards" are like "smaller prints" for me (aawww don't look at me like that!) - showcasing the art of the artist, without breaking the bank - and these images looks absolutely BOSS!

VAMPY-TEE

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #2: Vampy Tees from KusoPop
WHY: It comes as no surprise I am a huge-fan of cosplayer "Vampy. And as "perverse" as it may sound to you (*tsk-tsk* for thinking that way), the thought of her embracing my body via her tee-shirt images, is pretty alluring. C'mon, you'e thinking the same thing, aren't you? (*I will not judge you, if you do not me*). Priced at US$25 each with 3 designs to choose from (featuring designs from Nakanari) - look for them at KusoPop / KusoVinyl Booth #605 - where Linda Le herself will be signing at the booth on Saturday 1PM to 2:30PM [MORE]. And if she brought along her swell Artist keychains? Then my life would be near-complete muahahahahaha

Ah but if only I was as svelte as the man in the pic modeling the tee above … *man-sigh*

JUNKO-MIZUNO=PRINT

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #3: Junko Mizuno Wood Print from Hi-Fructose
WHY: Of the four wood-prints featuring designs by artists including Joe Ledbetter, Alex Padree and Buff Monster, the one stand-out for me was this exquisite image by Junko Mizuno. Hand pulled and printed on wood panel (Sized 11" x 14" on 1/2" birch) - this 5-color print is limited to only 50 pieces - look for it at the Hi-Fructose booth ##4939 (Price undetermined for now). Junko will also be signing at the booth on Friday 1pm-3pm, and a Saturday 5pm "last signing".

MARVEL-FRENZIES

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #4: Marvel Frenzies Keycharms from Tokidoki
WHY: Yes, I am getting slightly man-insane over these Tokidoki x Marvel FRENZIES key-charms. I would gladly fork over money I do not have to have the entire collated set, instead of blind-box-pulls, but that's just me. Check out what else Tokidoki has in-store for SDCC here and check out more images of Frenzies here! SRP is between US$6-7 per, with 30 characters to collect = US$210 for all (at $7 each) = *Yikes*

pocket-change

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #5: Pocket Change Series 1 Art Coins
WHY: And what a chill idea! Reminds me of metal coins that came with a variety of Japanese toys (of which I have a pathetically small collection of) - and featuring artwork from Andrew Bell, Frank Kozik, Joe Ledbetter, Scott Tolleson, and 64Colors? What's not to like? Sized 1.5" wide, the engraved metal coin will be available for US$10 - available exclusively via October Toys' booth #4838. [MORE]. Total damage for all-coins = US$50. Funny this, we're using money to buy "money" - this here is 'international commerce', right here! LOL

RETRO-OUTLAW-DROOG

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #6: 12" Droog Leader from Retro Outlaw
WHY: Get your Ultraviolence-ON and with a lil'bit of Oh-Yeah-OH-YEAH with the 12" Droog Leader from Retro Outlaw! Two colorway editions to be available - with my virtual-money on the Orange-Bronze hand-painted edition US$200 (I'll leave the colored-version to my DVD and scarred memories / priced at US$275 each / Box art HERE). Limited to 50pcs each - make a beeline to booth #1029. Each figure comes signed and numbered by painter sAntoro, and "A Clockwork Orange" actor Malcolm McDowell! Now, THAT is serious cool!

LOST-BOBBLEHEAD

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #7: LOST Polar Bear Bobble Head
WHY: This Lost Polar Bear Bobble Head had me chuckling like a madman, rambling "WTF?" in hushed breaths - but hey, I never did finish the finale of the TV Series (so sue me -lost my interest for the series). So for US$15, I can score a 5 1/2-inches long x 4 1/4-inches tall x 2 1/2-inches sized bobble-head (Limited run of 570). Look for it at Entertainment Earth (Booth #2343) … I never could fathom the existence of the polar bear tho … Don't judge me, man…

JUDGE-DREDD-TEE

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #8: Judge Dredd Tee-Shirt
WHY: Exclusive Judge Dredd T-shirt featuring design by Jock (concept artist on the new Dredd film starring Karl Urban). Priced at US$40 per and limited to 100pcs at 2000 AD Booth #2806. I'm down with Dredd, and I like me a new geek-gear anytime! (Although 40-bucks for a tee is on the high-side -perhaps there's something to go along with this?)

babydoll-gentlegiant

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #9: Sucker Punch: Baby Doll Mini Bust from Gentle Giant
WHY: Call it a lovelorn desire to "own" Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch"-movie - but this 1/6-scaled Baby Doll SDCC 2011 Mini Bust from Gentle Giant Studios (Booth #3513) looks pretty swell to be had. Priced at US$65. Not nearly as awesome as the Hot Toys' 1/6th-version, but I'm a simple man with simple needs wants.

marvel-erasers

AWESOME-SDCC-STUFF #9: MARVEL Transparent Eraser Set
WHY: From Monogram International, Inc Booth #3744 comes the MARVEL 4 piece Transparent Eraser Set - with 16 different x 1.25" tall characters to collect, in a set of 4 for US$8 per set (US$36 for all 4 x sets) - each set limited to only 40 sets. Why? Because I remember the good old days in school when I collected erasers. Yes, I am sentimental that way :p - come to think of it, most items here are based on memories and nostalgia anyways, aren't they?

TOTAL COST FOR THIS LIST: US$666 (excluding Junko-print)

[Additional info & images via Comic-con.org]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK