Custom-Feature: Jaw vs. Paw by Southern Drawl

JAW-VS-PAWS-01 JAW-VS-PAWS-02
JAW-VS-PAWS-03 JAW-VS-PAWS-04

When first my tender eyes laid on the pictures before me, I was pretty much floored by the imagery of the customs, and I knew I had to bug the artist known as Southern Drawl for a words about this commissioned piece, because simply out, seeing the pics may be enough for some folks, but I wanna know MORE, and so should YOU!

SOUTHERN-DRAWL-PAWS-01

TOYSREVIL: How did the concept of this piece come about? What is it inspired by?

SOUTHERN DRAWL: I love the dynamic movement of the PAW figure but I was never really sold on the bunny head so I did the only thing a customizer could do, I decapitated it. And it sat headless for a while until I realized that I could reuse the head. And who better to kill a bunny than an apex predator?


[6 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

SOUTHERN DRAWL: And so I bulked up the figure even further to accentuate the leg and back musculature. And I added joints - elbow joints, wrist joint, etc. I tried to continue the flow of the figure by adding a curved tail which also helps as a counterweight to the head. With regard to my painting technique, the short answer is sponge painting (I"m giving away the my secret just there LOL).

SOUTHERN-DRAWL-PAWS-03

TOYSREVIL: What does the inspiration mean to you personally?

SOUTHERN DRAWL: My favorite thing about this piece is that it's inspiring me to do more original sculpting even if it's still customizing on a platform.

SOUTHERN-DRAWL-PAWS-02

Awesomness. You folks need to log unto http://particlegun.blogspot.com to see his portfolio of works, as well go bug the man at southerndrawl [at] gmail.com for commission works, STAT!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK