Q&A About Nathaniel Vigo & The Whispering Cosair with Jon-Paul Kaiser

WHISPERING-COSAIR-NATE

TOYSREVIL: How did the concept of Nate came about? Which came first - Whispering Cosair or it's crew?

JON-PAUL KAISER: With Nate, and the Whispering Corsair, I've got a bunch of drawings, designs and ideas for the crew and it's expansion which hopefully will get developed further over time. Talking to Toy2R, they offered me a couple of opportunities to take Olaf the Mute across several platforms/scales.

WHISPERING-COSAIR-SHIP

JON-PAUL KAISER: By this point the design of Captain Sturnbrau had already begun development and was at the sculpting stage. So it felt like a perfect opportunity to expand the crew a little more. As for the Whispering Corsair itself; The concept came around before the crew, though it's design is only really half-realized. I've had quite a number of requests for it, but the scale would be prohibitive at the moment.

WHISPERING-COSAIR-SKETCH

TOYSREVIL: How do you feel about seeing Nate in production, now that he's ready to meet the world? What would Nate say to the world?

JON-PAUL KAISER: It's fantastic seeing Nate in production - really exciting and I can't wait to get him sitting with Olaf and (in a few months) the good Captain! I always find it weird seeing production pieces of my work as it looks so much like my own painting 'handwriting' and once again Toy2R have done a sterling job of bringing him to life with fantastic communication every step of the way.

What would he say to the world? He'd be too busy sizing up the booty to be taken and barking orders at his crewmates to notice.

WHISPERING-COSAIR-CREW
[Who am I kidding? I Want Them ALL!]

FYI: This "Nate-centric" Q&A-post was asked pre-STGCC and I unfortunately let-slip Nate out of my hands due to a controlled toy-fund, and has gutted me for the past week+. Now someone needs to make the SHIP a reality, even if it is not to scale.

JPK @ http://jonpaulkaiser.blog.co.uk / Toy2R-USA / Toy2R.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK