Of Comics Digest & Prints @ Comics Xchange 2011

IMG_3687

Spent a delightful Sunday afternoon at the comicbook-themed Comics Xchange at Goodman Art Center today (yakked til the sun went down, no less - sorry folks! but my throat is sore now, so we're all even! lol) and came away with a superb time having met a bunch old and new friends + acquaintances, and of course, a little tote bag filled with coolness for which this singular post is all about! Event snaps can be seen in detail on my Facebook album, as well a event-coverage post will happen soon. Meanwhile, here are some score-snaps for ya!

CXC-PROJECT-RED

Above: Self-published "Project Red" comic digest and print from Shawn Siow of www.drawslowly.com. If you remember, the last I featured his artwork was for Fairitize My Art - where he debut his Peter Pan & Wendy image. The partial image shown up top is yet another image meant for the show. LIKE.

IMG_3690

I couldn't resist myself. I thought I would be dandy with just one print from JC Wong (artandlifejcwong.blogspot.com) but I eventually relented with three A3-sized prints on 240gm hard paper for SGD$10 each! I surprised myself for purchasing the Wolverine image (shown above), and even more surprised for deciding on a Batman and an Avengers sequential (featuring Thor and Iron Man). I've always longed to procure comicbook-art paneled-pages (and by that I mean original artwork) so this was a delightful surprise indeed for me.

IMG_3689
IMG_3688

Wished I had spent more time looking at artwork (but of course meeting new folks was a swell experience!) but I realized I might have bought even more prints than my walls could ever hold! It was a delightful (yes, third time I used that word) Sunday, indeed!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK