Spotted @ NYCC 2011: Comicbook Superheroes In Customs, Toys and Plush

029

While I am charmed instinctively by the above-image of a line-up of Batman characters from DC Comics being customs on Munnywrld-forms from Kidrobot (I wonder who did them?) - I also do recognize that inherent concept of Comicbook Superheroes at a geek-convention like this, is one key draw for the masses, at the very least in terms of "recognizability" - from comicbooks and now movie properties - and needing to spend time in trying to 'explain what or who they are in the first place.

But that would also mean the characters are produced in a variety of product lines which sometimes is exciting, while others leave you scratching your collective-heads. While I personally might find the plush 'adorable' in their own right, the bottom platform shape (which reminds me loads of UCU from Arno Fauzie) leaves me with "questions" more than anything else… but then again, I had a strong opinion about Marvel's MightyMuggs when they first came out (and now seen what I've done?). Heh.

032
034
036
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK