World Stroke Day 2011 / Presentation of Cheque Donation of Proceeds from TOYSREVIL Silent Auction

October 29th was "World Stroke Day", and one of the activities in Singapore was organized by the Singapore National Stroke Association at the Yio Chu Kang Community Club in Ang Mo Kio, which saw an English and Chinese forum about Stroke (and as well a Malay forum at the Changi Singapore Hospital in the late afternoon). It was the venue for where I would be presenting the cheque of proceeds accumulated from the recent TOYSREVIL Silent Auction, as requested by SNSA.

IMG_4023 IMG_4024
IMG_4025 IMG_4026

The night before, I had prepared the personal cheque written out to SNSA, along with a 3-page print-out document explaining what where the funds had come from, based on the Silent Auction personal initiative - launched on my birthday on September 27th, and ended on October 22nd - a day to the year when I fell to Stroke in 2010. As well a list of donators/contributers, and successful-bidders were listed out, and documents presented to SNSA log with the cheque of SGD$2,306.00.

IMG_4029 IMG_4056
IMG_4032 IMG_4044

I was accompanied to the event with my sister and father (coincidentally, both of them were with me when I fell to Stroke in 2010). After a short while of waiting (I also met Steven - a former fellow recovery at the SACH Rehab Center), I went on stage to present the cheque to Mr Seng Han Thong (Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC) who received and accepted it on behalf of the Singapore National Stroke Association, in the presence of Mr Michael Yap (Vice President of SNSA). Thanks for the trouble, Michael! As well my sincere thank yous to everyone who had helped in whatever way today at the event!

[Check out more images on my personal Facebook album - along with personal commentary]

After all the time and effort had been put thru for the Silent Auction, this initiative has finally reach this stage. My humble and sincere THANK YOU to everyone who had donated, contributed, bid on, and shared the information of this auction to folks. It is because of YOU ALL this would have happened until this point. This will not be the last time I will be donating to Stroke, and hope in time to come, more folks would be able to participate and have faith in me, as well as more bidders for items.

The next step? Packaging all items (from my end anyways) and preparing them to be sent off to their new owners. Appreciate your patience in this matter folks, as it might take me some time and effort to reach the post office to send them off. Thank you for understanding and for your patience.

Cheers
Andy Heng
TOYSREVIL

RECOGNIZING STROKE:

STROKE is the fourth most common cause of death in Singapore. Do yourselves a favor and check out what they do, meanwhile here is a video that had been screened at the forum you could spare some time to have a look and understand. Thank you. I blog about my experience and impressions with me in Stroke via http://stroke41.blogspot.com.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK