11 PIXS for 2011: Bryan Luss

"2011 was a year of great transformation for me as an artist.  After hearing repeatedly during studio visits how my sculptures (are) not related to Toys were the most intriguing.  The drawing board had to be rethought entirely. Being at the time all my projects were toy related in one aspect or another, I started to think of focusing on toy inspired sculptures with an urban toy collecting pop art sensibility

I began sculpting - not limited to which platform or edition or size or company etc so far the people that have returned have been amazed by some of the work being the scale can be tiny at times.

That being said, I am also working on some vinyl customs. This one particular raffi has great potential. I'm always trying to use as much negative space use by cutting the vinyl. There is something very liberating to cutting something most people can't fathom doing.

Toys rule my design concepts. Whether it be a throwback design choice, a commissioned work, or a piece just in the concept phase. There will be something toy related, besides there is always a new release or an old release out there left not acquired."
BRYAN_LUSS_11PIXS

Click on banner-image above to view images of customs from Bryan Luss for the "11 PIXS for 2011" project. And as well there are hi-res images posted up at www.society6.com/bryanluss as well.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK