Spud Quadric Stool from Das Mo

SpudQ_DasMo-01

Witness the SPUD QUADRIC STOOL from Timo Wertz aka Das Mo. The stool in question will be on display in a furniture fair in 2 weeks' time (as part of International Furniture Fair in Cologne and Passagen - Interior Design Week Cologne), and he hopes to find someone to produce it.

SpudQ_DasMo-02
"Finally! I worked over a year on it with wood. It is the first item in my Toy Inspired Furniture series and aligned with my original Spud toy platform." ~says Timo.
SpudQ_DasMo-03

TOYSREVIL: What made you decide to go with a furniture item based on your toy? What was the catalyst or concept that sparked the adaptation? Are you happy with the result? Will we be seeing more furniture from you in 2012?

TIMO WIRTZ: I was playing around more and more with wood lately and thought about ways to make something out of wood as close as possible to my Spud toy design. When thinking about the size I thought that 18inches would be really cool as it would give me the chance to put a hidden pocket under the head. And as we Germans are very practical people, I just sat down on one of my first prototypes and found it quite interesting sitting on a sculpture... ;)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK