Toy-Review: SkullSkin from Ajee


When I first saw French designer Ajee's SKULLSKIN figurine online, I KNEW I had to have one. The angular design-form and also skull-helmet appealed to me greatly, both in design, and of the mood which evoked the Heavy Metal-magazine for me esthetically. This is the GREEN-edition (limited to 300pcs), and is part of a trio of initial releases in 2008, as released by ExtendedPlayZ. There was also the SkullSkin x Pixie fully-colored versions released in 2009 to look out for.

SKULLSKIN-REVIEW-01
SKULLSKIN-REVIEW-02

Housed in a utilitarian printed box, the 11" figure was nicely wrapped in tracing-(?)-paper with the helm displayed at the side. Highly articulated, the shape of the joints for the figure might not look as impressive as it does standing 'as-is', but nevertheless does possess a level of playability and poseability. The shoulder-armor is attached via a single small peg inserted into the figure-body, which I had a slight fear during attaching, as I worry it might break! But everything worked out well in the end.

SKULLSKIN-REVIEW-03

The paint-app was pretty decent, and the green splatter on the body worked really well visually, as evocative as the pink of the exposed single nipple, against the grey of the body and white contrasts in the hair and helm. And I love the Skull-helm - which slipped in decently well on the head, without any sense of moulds holding them firmly in place tho.

Initial SRP for his figure was around 80 EUROS - which is frankly a tad pricey, IMHO. But overall, this is a fine piece which I am happy to have in my collection (Thanks Reeno!) and is a swell companion to the recently released KOSPLAY figure also designed by Ajee.

Check out more images of SkullSkin HERE on my FB-album, and click HERE to read all about SkullSkin on TOYSREVIL!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK