Custom-Feature: 'Misfit Monsters' by UNCLE Studios x Tenacious Toys

MISFITS-MONSTERS

UNCLE Studios shares with us images and words of his latest series of Dunny-customs dubbed "MISFIT MONSTERS" - currently available exclusively via www.tenacioustoys.com with the retail price of each custom being US$70 each. So how did the series come about?

Box
"Recently Benny Kline of Tenacious toys and I were talking and he asked me if I would produce a series of custom dunnys to be sold through his shop. Of course I was quite excited and immediately began to brainstorm. This little group of monsters began popping into my head. Starting with Glue and Gimlet I hacked, melted and sculpted them out of my imagination and into something to terrorize the displays of collectors all over the world." ~mentions UNCLE>
2-Group
"There are six dunnys in the group and from left to right in the picture we have: Fil, Kyng, Slick, Gimlet, Bully, Glue. All of them have a knack for practical jokes, though Bully tends to let his go a little too far. While they each have a special character to me, I don't like to give my own back stories to the pieces because I think each collector should be able to create their own. Heck, some days I sit at my desk and make up new ones for them, and the way they interact with the other pieces I have on my shelves. I love it when I hear from my collectors that tell me that they, or someone they know have come up with a great story about something I made.

Each is sculpted with Aves Apoxy and painted with Liquitex Acrylics and come in a completely unique hand painted and lettered box."
~added UNCLE.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK