Toy-Review: Linkin Park x WWRp Bramble Mk2 by 3A Toys

LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_01
LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_02

This Linkin Park x WWRp Bramble Mk2 came about during the advent of the "A THOUSAND HORIZON" charity concert from pop-metal band Linkin Park, held on September 9th, 2011. In tandem with the charity project, Good Smile Co offered a variety of items and merchandise for sale, with proceeds benefitting the victims of the March 11th earthquake and tsunami disaster. Tees, Nendroids and even a BE@RBRICK was offered, as well as this "WWRp Bramble Mk2" from 3A Toys, which has since been shipped and received on Saturday.

Utilitarian printed box held within a brown box, and within the box was a plastic-tray holding the main-figurine, while the accessories were sealed in plastic bags, and kept loose at the back of the tray, neither stuck down nor held in place.

LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_03 LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_04

The weathering for the figure was immaculate, as were the fabric battle pouches. And even tho the handle for the gaitling gun seemed a "lighter" plasticy-make compared to the rest of the build, it was a small matter as the hands cupped the piece in the first place. The inclusion of the Linkin Park logo and text was appropriately and tastefully done tho, and well appreciated. I admit I procured the figure based on it's charity intent, and the logo which had been shown on the promotional images.

But what really had my blood going, was the small hook/peg at the front part of the torso, where the cloth pouch was supposed to hang. Without much effort, while attempting to hook on a pouch, the tiny peg dislodged and flew off the figurine! This infuriated me greatly, so much so I stopped taking any more pictures there and then.

LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_05

The problem lies in the fact that post-Stroke, I have much difficulty in going down on my knees and searching for stuff off the ground. My internal balance in out of whack, and attempting to search for anything on the floor, was to be an exceptionally hard effort, much less the trouble of my double-vision (post-Stroke, as well).

One can argue the toy might not be made for a physically challenged person like me, but I would argue I paid decent money for a decent built-toy, and not have to worry about a tiny piece like that dislodging and flying off willy-nilly.

But before I hoist up the negativity-flag any further, "luck" seemed to be on my side this time, as I managed to somehow grabbed at this foreign piece off the floor, which turned out to be the peg! There was no dried glue or chipped part of the piece to be found tho, which made it even more bewildering. Nevertheless, back into the socket it went, and I carried on my phototaking with the pouches and gun fixed on - but not as firmly as it looks tho, not by a long-shot!

LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_06
LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_07
LINKIN_PARK_BRAMBLE_08

Achieving the pose via the promo images is not easy a feat as well (and even then, I had "posed" the gun wrongly via gripping the trigger-handle "wrongly" lol) but the joints were hardy enough to withstand the constant man-handling.

It would have truly been a real bitch if the peg was "lost" from then, but this nevertheless is indeed an awesome toy to be had (my second Bramble alongside the 2009-3AA Bramble) and you can see more images HERE on my Facebook.

Note that initial SRP for the toy was 4,800YEN (approx US$62) which included shipping charges - which made the figurine a pretty darn good deal, IMHO. Shipping was actually charged to my Paypal when they were ready to ship in mid-January 2012, so take note.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK