TOYSREVIL @ Media Preview for Cybertron Con 2012 (March 10th Saturday)

I stepped into the convention room an hour and 45 minutes later than the assigned Media Preview schedule for Cybertron Con 2012 at Resort World Sentosa, and was treated to a very subdued atmosphere with scant chattering of folks setting up for the event launch he next day on Sunday March 11th, and highly "romantic mood" AKA darkened room lighting (totally understandable, as I had already been nearly 2 hours late for the media preview in the first place ;p), which somehow made for a decidedly apt mood if you'd imagine Transformers' battle had landed on planet Earth.

Heading towards the event room, I was a tad bewildered and would be lost if I did not know which room to look for (The "Compass Ballroom", by the way, folks!), as signage was sorely lacking pointing folks down one floor to the basement from the entrance from ground level. But perhaps that would change tomorrow for the show launch proper.

CYBERTRON-CON-2012-01

Folks will be greeted by the sole image of a "Energon-Cube" placed at the central lobby, leading to the function room. Once there, a decently massive entrance greets you, and prompts you to "Choose A Side" - which is represented by entering via the Auobots-route, or side with the Decepticons. Once inside the room, it would be photo-op galore with loads of cut-outs and printed wall-panels, as well as the visage of a central "divider" between the two warring factions of Transformers, and that's about as much "conflict" as you'll be engaged in from here on in.

CYBERTRON-CON-2012-02 CYBERTRON-CON-2012-03
CYBERTRON-CON-2012-10

Once pass this zone, folks and fans will be treated to a 'time-tunnel' style of displays for the history of Transformers toys. And the two wall-panels -spread far and wide - showcases toys from different eras and types, the most interesting for me was Animated Transformers toys from Japanese editions! No doubt a key aspect of the event that will appeal to the die-hard Transformers-toys fans, I reckon. Check out the display above of toys which I want ALL in my collection!

CYBERTRON-CON-2012-04 CYBERTRON-CON-2012-05

Then turn a right, and you will be greeted with a wide-span of space which included the Transformers Re-Imagined display arena - easily for me personally - is the highlight of the whole event - for which I had judicious images to share here (apologies for the general blurriness of imagery, and for the lack of accurate color, as the lights were pretty darn dim and I refused to use the flash function). Not all of the customs were set up nor where tags added at the time I was attempting to snap the images (with walking cane wobbling in hand tho). You can view more images HERE on my Facebook-album, as well as look for a separate blogpost-feature for these customs.

CYBERTRON-CON-2012-06

One of the highlights of the event, is to have your picture taken with the life-sized Optimus Prime standing stoic in the middle of the hall. You would have to pay for this privilege tho (price undetermined as I did not ask), and you will have your pic taken above from a raised scar-folding by the staff, by which a picture will then be printed out and presented to you afters, so that's pretty decent considering the online chatter about having the need to pay to have their picture taken with Optimus, I reckon.

It would have been exceptionally cool if there was a similar Generation-1 Optimus (from the cartoon series) standing on the other-side of the hall tho, or perhaps even a Decepticon? But yes, I am extremely "mecha-greedy" and asking for a whole lot more LOL

CYBERTRON-CON-2012-07

On one end of the space is the KREO-arena showcasing animation on the video-wall, with a display showcase of the toys as the side (which I really like actually ;p). Truth be told, I am pretty keen to procure more KREO Transformers forms (like this swell one I got from the press release). On the other end of the room is the main stage where video screenings for the event will happen. Expect videos from the Transformers movies (from Michael Bay) to be screened.

CYBERTRON-CON-2012-08 CYBERTRON-CON-2012-09

At the farthest side of the room, is where the merchandize were to be had, including the Convention Exclusive (for which I was told not to take any pictures of), and where you most probably will find the Transformers-merch and apparels. I am guessing this is the merch-area as I noticed "CASHIER" signage within. The area remains without signage at time of this picture snapped. I am unsure if merchandize will be available outside of the event room at the entrance area (I was told there will be tho), but in any case, if you NEED to be purchasing something quick, THIS is where you need to make a beeline towards, IMHO.

For MORE images of the set-up of Cybertron Con, check out THIS Facebook-album!

And frankly, a trip to Cybertron Con might be necessary for you to purchase something in order to feel your trip here has been worth it, IMHO. Have your pics taken (if the KREO Mascots Optimus and Bumblebee turn up, it would be fun to have a snap taken with them too), gawk at toys, and buy yourselves some merchandize, and that essentially would be what is to look forward at Cybertron Con. I was actually looking forward to be purchasing a Transformers-tee there and then, so I could wear it loud-n-proud for when I return, but alas, that probably was a pipe-dream anyways LOL

(But I was rocking my Decepticon-logo tee at the time tho, so don't say I never "represent" LOL)

The reality is, the subdued experience of the event I've reported here might not be the full gauge of the Con, being that not everything is up and running at 100%, or even look as attractive with the ballroom-lights turned on, yeh? So take this as an idea of what to expect, and I can only hope you folks would enjoy your time and trip to Cybertron Con, more than the disappointment at what I saw for myself during the Media Preview. And seeing images from the previous Cybertron Con in Shanghai does this event in SG no favors whatsoever, IMHO.

Launching March 11th Sunday and exhibiting thru to Wednesday March 14th, expect launch day to be pandemonium, as it is both the weekend and the start of school hols! I might be back again on Tuesday (i've rehab on Monday morning), so do say *HI* if we bump into each other on the convention-floor, yeh? *ROLL-OUT*

CREDIT: Thanks to Alvin of SPRG for the invite, and for Genevieve for your trouble in taking me around after the scheduled preview!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK