PI a la Mode - Works New & Old by Dave Dorman @ Rotofugi (April 6-29)

DAVE-DORMAN-01

"Dave Dorman" is a name extremely familiar to me, especially from around the early 90s, where his painted artwork for (predominately Dark Horse) comicbook covers had me gripped in a vice-like joyous attention, along with subsequent "painters" like Dave McKean, Jon J. Muth and even Bill Sienkiewicz - back 'in the day' - and had influenced how I looked at traditional comicbooks beyond the funny pages and colorful spandex.

DAVE-DORMAN-02

I had ironically come across a collectible trading card set from him in my collection not too long ago too - I reckon it might have been "The Best of Dave Dorman: Chromium" (I will showcase them on this blog shortly), of which numerous images seen in that set are now on display at Rotofugi, in his latest solo show titled "PI a la Mode - Works New & Old by Dave Dorman" - which launched April 6th and exhibits thru April 29th, 2012.

Images of his artwork is currently available for sales, as listed via www.rotofugi.com, with images mirrored HERE on my FB-album (sorry, I couldn't resist!). Also note that on Friday 13th (from 7:30pm-9pm), Rotofugi will be having a signing with Dave Dorman himself - so this is a perfect time to get stuff signed or get a sketch.

DAVE-DORMAN-03
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK