Sonny from Sun Bum

SUNBUM-SONNY-1

Spotted this on Gary Brickel's Facebook - of a 16-inch tall SONNY from SUN BUM next to a 9-incher! I recognize this form when Klim at Bigshot Toyworks donated a piece for auction with proceeds to benefit me when I was downed with Stroke back in 2010 (If I have not 'officially' thanked you, then you have my sincere humble thanks, Klim!)

I've asked Gary for any impressions of the toys and why/what he found attractive about the figures, to which his answer was:
"I recently stripped my first dunny and then customized it. That gave me the encouragement to try that on a larger toy. I saw the toys at a local surf shop and what stuck out the most was their grippy hands. The arms are huge. And the face is simple, with lotza real estate to customize.

I do many small toys, but love the challenge of a larger toy. I was fortunate enough to have them sell me the 16 inch toy as that is used mainly for display. Also, the shirts will be easy to strip, cuz there's only a couple of words on them. The less time stripping the old color out, the more time customizing!
"
SUNBUM-SONNY-2

Hey, I like me some gorilla so this looks a real treat! Folks interested to purchase the 9-incher can go here for Sun Bum's icon "Sonny" made toy for US$39.90.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK