Custom-Feature: "Head Hunter" a toy inspired Headdress by Mikie Graham

MIKIE-GRAHAM-HEADDRESS-01

Mikie Graham shares with us snaps of his custom-piece completed for a DIY group art show, with a "difference". Debut at Five and Diamond in San Francisco, 30 artists from all walks of life were tasked to create their version of a "headdress" out of a 1:1-scaled leather flight helmet, and shown here is Mikie's sumission, titled; "HEAD HUNTER".

MIKIE-GRAHAM-HEADDRESS-02 MIKIE-GRAHAM-HEADDRESS-03
""Being the only toy artist involved I decided that I needed to represent my passion and go with the toy motif for my headdress, a custom toy amalgamation that I am calling the "Head Hunter."

An updated take on a head hunter's victory headdress, featuring dozens of customized skulls and accessories from over 20 different vinyl toys. From Dunny's, to Qee's, to a Zlik there is a little something on this headdress for every toy collector. A major diversion from my usual toy work, this piece was a nice change of pace.... i just hope I never have to hand sew anything ever again!!""
~shares Mikie.
View individual images (along with further info about the show and build) via THIS FB-album!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK