TOYSREVIL Reviews: The Dark Knight Returns (Part One) DVD Movie & Figurine


I have to admit, I pretty much enjoyed THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS (Part One) from DC Comics, bringing the Frank Miller written graphic novel to animated life, and providing it with a semblance of "humanity" I had not gathered from the book decades back. From looking at earlier teasers< i did not expect anything exceptional about this movie, in fact, I had not even intended to watch it!

But I am glad I did, and my expectations were conservatively blown out of the water, as straight-up animation is concerned. The tension was measured, and comedy kept to a minimum, with flashes of "classic" imagery of the comicbook to keep fans "happy". As well intriguing is how an "older" Batman deals with the modernity of Gotham he had kept before for a while. Now I can't wait to see Part Two! I would heartily recommend this movie to anyone keen on the Batman-lore.

There are plenty of video clips available to view in YouTube now, but I would urge you to go seek the movie out, and watch it in it's whole. It might not alter your life, but it will show you that sometimes, the geeklife is worth "living" :)

DARK_KNIGHT_RETURNS_DVD_FIGURE_01
DARK_KNIGHT_RETURNS_DVD_FIGURE_02
DARK_KNIGHT_RETURNS_DVD_FIGURE_03

But this particular blog-post is two-pronged, as I had the opportunity to procure said DVD-movie, as part of a box-set that came with a "DVD Exclusive Figure", which was of the aged and bulky Batman! In short, the figure stood on a base and possessed 3 points of articulation (arms and neck) and while not exactly the epitome of production quality, served as an extremely nifty memorabilia, and especially sweet after viewing the movie itself!

DARK_KNIGHT_RETURNS_DVD_FIGURE_04

FYI: I purchased min at a local DVD store (EZY Video in White Sands Mall, Pasir Ris) at a SRP of SGD$19.90. I even got slight discount with the purchase, so I reckon it is an awesome deal! Check out THIS FB-album for more images :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK