And So The World Did Not End, Did It?

Truth be told, the concept of the recent 'End of the World" notion, was pretty endearing to me. As obvious as it was a media-hyped-hoax (The Mayan Calendar just ended this millennium on Dec 21st, and started another calendar afters), folks either literally bought into the fear (like "The Rapture" was destined to happen in 2011), or just spat back at it, with vim, venom and a sly-chuckle. I thought it was hilarious, and ran with the idea on my blog, and even a Facebook Contest! Perhaps I lost a few readers along the way, but nevertheless it was pretty fun at the very least.

Either we Laugh at the hype, or Buy into it. No point Going Against it tho hahahaha

The notion "End of the World" happens to different people in different ways. Some face personal calamity, some face tragedy at the end of a gun barrel, some face down natural disasters. Personally for me, I faced my cycle when I went down for Stroke in 2010. Some survive their ordeals, some do not. But what goes on thru your mind, when you are facing the "inevitable"? Are you missing someone you love? Do you regret things? Do you wish there are things you should have and could have done, before?

The 'End of the World' might not be necessarily a status of an event unfolding, but perhaps a state of mind of the person/s facing it. I am still trying to be at peace within myself, much less make peace with folks around me, and I am far from "perfect" (it is an ongoing challenge, and sometimes even a "struggle") … and if the world does indeed end 'tomorrow', I would not be able to prevent it from happening, and instead ask myself what can I do in my last moment. Why ask "why?", when all you need to do, is "do".

I know what I did on December 21st this year tho - blogged a little, and watched Parts 1 & 2 of Stephen Chow's "A Chinese Odyssey" with my dad, and laughed my face off! How's that for prioritizing MUAHAHAHAHAHA

a39acc524bfa11e292fc22000a1f9806_7
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK