#TOYSREVILLookBack: Zarjaz! Show from 2005

ZARJAZ_SHOW

In December 2005, Playlounge co-hosted an exhibition (along with REBELLION and PUMA) named "ZARJAZ!" - featuring artwork from the 2000 A.D. stable of characters from a variety of artists, including folks like BxH / TADO / Pete Fowler / James Jarvis / Jon Burgerman / Rolito / Mr Clement / Will Sweeney / Fos and Super Deux. The exhibition took place from 10th December 2005 until 10th January 2006.

And while I posted about it before, I have since been bugged in my brains to be able to "see" more about the exhibits. So this Sunday today, I decided to go back in time for another relook, and as well swipe some snaps of the event for re-viewing HERE on my Facebook.

As well check out event images from Andy Lee (105 in total) and from Michael Pickard viewable in the slideshow below of the exhibition at 11 Shorts Gardens at Seven Dials (gotta luv "Google Search" tho lol):


(Full-screen viewing of Andy Lee's images)

(Full-screen viewing of Michael Pickard's images)

2000 A.D. for me, snuck right into my subconsciousness amidst a generation of exploded awareness in thy humble ignorant youth - nearly 3 decades back - stayed, festered, and blossomed in a wee corner of my mundscape. The early days of my comicbook addiction obsession, beyond the holy shelves of Marvel and DC Comics, and even Chinese Manhua, opening up to the realms of weekly newsstand offerings - which I could not keep up with a student's pocket money, and the missing out on numerous issues left too huge a gap to continue forth … If American comics opened up my mind to the possibilities of the fictional fantastic, 2000AD had gone and screwed up my head LOL

And I liked that.

And the notion of a "post-apocalyptical" world remains a running theme of "Likes" in my mind since. I reckon I could not be able to easily grasp the concept of media and movies like "Mad Max" without prior acceptance of "Mega-City One" and it's ilk.

With recent DREDD movie (which I adored) and toy releases of 2000AD products from Unbox Industries (designs by Pete Fowler and TADO - from this exhibition actually) and A.B.C. Warriors figures from 3A Toys, isn't it high time to see ANOTHER exhibition of 2000 AD-characters? And maybe tis not just for memory-sakes of old fogies like myself (*cough*) but from the perspective of a more "youthful" generation, perhaps?

Someone make this happen, or send in YOUR work and I'll post it on this humble blog of mine, for all to enjoy :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK