Planet Domu: Q&A + Seen @ ToyConUK 2013

ToyConUK2013028
"ToyCon was a great experience. I didn’t sell as much as I had thought I would, but being on one of the panels was brilliant, and it was a valuable learning Experience all round." starts off Sam Griffiths aka Planet Domu, of his experience at ToyConUK. Read more below, and check out his online shop for the listing of custom War Tourists!
ToyConUK2013029

TOYSREVIL: How was the ToyCon for you? Your impressions? Was it what you expected it to be? Was this your first Con?

SAM GRIFFTHSLike I said, The Con was a great learning experience. All of the artists delivered a huge variety of products, the majority of which were of a very high standard. It was exactly what I expected and more, very well organised. It was my first Con as an exhibitor.

War Tourists at ToyConUK
War Tourists at ToyConUK
War Tourists at ToyConUK

TOYSREVIL: Tell us what you had on your table! And which of your items had the warmest reception / best response?

SAM GRIFFTHSOn my table were the White War Tourists series one, limited edition of 20, my 15 inch Gaman sculpt and Baby Ice Gaman, and the first artists series of the War Tourist platform. The custom War Tourists and the White War Tourists went down really well. There are a few left on my Big Cartel store.

planet domu - baby ice gaman

TOYSREVIL: Any suggestions to make the event even more awesome in the future?

SAM GRIFFTHSI think for the next event, I would take a more varied product range in terms of price range. Starting with some items under the ten pound mark. People seemed to be more interested in looking around the event and buying the lower priced stuff. In terms of things the organisers could do better, I can’t think of anything they didn’t think of. Bigger venue and more people is all that comes to mind, but that is inevitable for next year.

I’ll be releasing all the customs on my Big Cartel site, and the Baby Ice Gamans will go up tomorrow.


(Images courtesy of Artransmitte / Additional Images swiped from Mr Dave)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK