Stuffed Idol by Scott Tolleson: Images & Artist's Say


You might have seen these images popping up on Scott Tolleson's Facebook or Instagram @mrscotttolleson, and here today #onTOYSREVIL, we have images to share, along with words from Scott himself, describing the theme and genesis of STUFFED IDOL - a piece he sculpted himself! In an edition of 10, they will be made available at Dragatomi "soon" (will update info as soon as I have them).

"Stuffed Idol is my attempt at a social commentary “art” piece. Usually most of my work is character driven but with this I wanted to vent my opinions on the current state of “Pop Art” and how I’m tired of seeing SOME artist use it as a crutch for success." -says Scott.
"I’m not saying I don’t like some Pop Art. I’m a huge fan of Ron English for example. I think he executes is messages masterfully in his paintings and toys. I decided to pick the most overused character to get my point across. Pop Art is not a new direction for me and my work. I just felt like I needed to get something off my chest with this piece. Also, this is my third attempt at sculpting and this character is very familiar to me :P" -added Scott Tolleson.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK