Power Rangers 20th Anniversary Custom by Mikie Graham


Mikie Graham reveals to TOYSREVIL his entries into the Power Rangers 20th Anniversary Show launching December 7th at Toy Art Gallery. Not only did he create a 30" tall Power Ranger custom but also 12 individual mini canvases! Here's a closer look at them:

"I did my best to keep the original shape of the iconic power ranger figure, tweaking the sculpt as little as possible... that being said, you may notice a few changes.

First off I removed "the Great Gosei" mask from the Ranger's belt, molded him, then added my resin cast Gosei masks to four key locations on my design. I choped off the origional face to sculpt in the new snake face (including 2 real teeth) then using the Ranger's original face I mounted it to his back to create the bug looking demon that you can see from behind. Finally a few minor sculpted details transformed the Rangers feet into monsters of their own.... shoes that Gene Simmons himself would be envious of! The rest was all hand painted using the contours of the rangers body as my guide. To finish him off I gave his massive cyclopean eyeball a good dose of gloss spray giving it that realistic wet look."
-shared Mikie about his "DEMON RANGER"!

"In addition to my towering toy monstrosity, I also created 12 individual "mini" pieces of art for the more budget or space minded Power Rangers collectors.

Using the Great Gosei mold that I created for the figure, I was able to cast 12 miniature heads which I attached to 12 hand painted 4"x4" mini canvas using tiny magnets. This allows collectors to remove the Great Gosei from his cavas resting place, and attach him to any metal surface they choose.... anyone looking for an awesome fridge magnet? "

Mentioned Mikie about his "The Great Gosei Mini Canvases", both of whom will be on display at the Toy Art Gallery 12/7 through 12/8 and available online at ToyArtGallery.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK