Toy-Review: 1/12th-scaled Vespa Scooter


Once in a while, I scour toy-shelves for 1/12th-scale vehicles for my action figures (used to be 1/6th-scaled, but it has become too expensive a hobby for me), and more often than not, I could never pay for a model crotch-rocket in case they do not
fit" my "boys" … then I sported this VESPA from Piaggio (produced by New Ray Toys) at a children's shop in a neighborhood mall, with an affordable price too (SGD$15 post-discount), and knew I had to snag it … to at least try the scale-fit?


"Modelled" here with a "Action Portable"-scaled NOM de Plume from 3A Toys, they seemed pretty much a decent size fit, no? And i am happy now :)

Quality on this piece was decent for an item of this price-point, for a mixture of plastic and 'die-cast'. The front steering bar was not exactly aligned with the front wheels tho, but I am not too confident to twist them to make it right, in case i snapped the parts!


One thing that bugged me a little, was that that dashboard of the bike was a sticker, which did not seem to be stuck down nicely, methinks LOL

Like I said, swell for the price-point, and would make a decent display with your action figures - although this would make a much better aesthetic fit to michael lau x How2Work's GARDEN(PALM)ER, innit?

There was another RED colored scooter on the shelves, but one of the side-mirrors was broken, so i left it there. Heh.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK