"13 Things Which Made My 2013" from Richard Page of UME Toys

WHAT: "Earlier in 2013, I interviewed 13 Creators worth looking out for, and for the end of 2013, I had asked a select few to list "13 Things Which Made My 2013"."

Richard Page is undeniably one of the more prolific practicing artist in this scene today, with his distinctive design sensibilities and self-producing his own resins, it is always a pleasure to see his work, IMHO. And while I interviewed him at the start of the year in 2013, we do so again wrapping up this 13 x 2013 series thus far.


TOYSREVIL: Describe how 2013 has been for you, in 13 words.

RICHARD PAGE: Busy x 13

TOYSREVIL: What is the one thing folks might not know you did in 2013?

RICHARD PAGE: Most people think I do toys 100% if the time. I wish I could. I freelance as a graphic designer during the week and for the last few years have co designed and produced the Guinness Book of World Records. Great client. 


TOYSREVIL: Share with us your most triumphant / memorable moment in 2013?

RICHARD PAGE: I haven't really got one stand out moment from 2013. I'm just privileged to be able to continue making toys with support of my family and having great friends through the scene. 


TOYSREVIL: Share with us your saddest moment in 2013.

RICHARD PAGE: Missing out on NYCC. Such a great show and great people making sure that we get to it this year... That's right Mrs UME is making the trip to NY this year. Watch out ;-) haha. 

TOYSREVIL: Which is your favouritest toy of 2013, which you own?

RICHARD PAGE: The ToyCon exclusive Whopper Looper. Awesome toy and a fantastic color way that the Hang Gang hooked me up with. 


TOYSREVIL: Which is your most desirablest toy of 2013, which you did not buy? And why didn't you buy it?

RICHARD PAGE: The Masterpiece Soundwave, such a great toy. The reason I haven't got him in the collection yet is £££. He will be mine one day. 


TOYSREVIL: What do you spend the most time on: Facebook, Instagram, or Your Own Work?

RICHARD PAGE: My own work. Things have gone crazy which is great. But part of the whole toy scene is the social media so I'm always online ;-)

TOYSREVIL: What do you think about "Selfies"?

RICHARD PAGE: Too old for that myself (no one wants to see my bearded face) but if that's what your into selfies are all good. 

TOYSREVIL: Which song or track would you use to describe your overall experience of 2013?

RICHARD PAGE: Up all night to get lucky. Great album by daft punk and the amount of hours I'm working means I'm up most nights. 


TOYSREVIL: Would you rather be a Wookie or an Ewok?

RICHARD PAGE: Wookie but don't tell the GeekWoks 


TOYSREVIL: What do you think was the single most memorable event on planet earth which marked the year of 2013, for you personally? and why?

RICHARD PAGE: ToyCon. Reasons being we solidified some great old friendships and made some truly awesome new friends at the show who have helped me out through some seriously shit times this year in my personal life. 



TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2014?

RICHARD PAGE: Everything. Grab the time you get by the hands and use it and appreciate everything. 


TOYSREVIL: What should folks look out from you in 2014?

RICHARD PAGE: Lots of projects on the go some great collabs with ace artists and a stack more of self produced goodies ( and more GeekWoks).

I'm also in the middle of setting up a little side brand 'Twiddle & Fiddle' (Mrs UME's idea) man products for bearded chaps (beard oil, moustache wax etc). Expect to see a resin figure tie in along with tshirts etc...



Richard Page & UME Toys can be found on the www via:
Blog
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
Online Shop
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK