Samantha "SKL0" Lo Answers "How Was 2013?"

WHAT: I asked a select few folks how their 2013 was, and what should folks expect from them in 2014, and this is what they shared with TOYSREVIL…



SKL0: It was a year that marked the start of a new beginning, and to put it romantically it was quite an awakening. The case concluded which was a relief, and towards the end it led me to rediscover my roots and enjoy learning all over again with a new sense of inner peace. It was in the final weeks of 2013 that I also found my medium; one that was meditative and encouraged me to experiment and to fully connect and speak of myself as a person. In short, it was a hell of a roller coaster but I've never been stronger.


(Above-left sculpt by SKL0, while the right sculpt is by Ratking)


SKL0: Other than the running of RCGNTN and bread and butter work, 2014 has got me really excited so far with projects in the pipeline, one of which promises to be worth your while to look out for in the form of PBK - low-brow art with a DIY ethos between Anthea (Ratking) and myself. Am really stoked for this, we've plenty of ideas and can't wait to share them with you. I guess you can say that the excitement I feel when talking about 2014 stems from the need for artistic incubation after achieving some sort of clarity from the whole 'sticker lady' bullshit, so I guess that's what I will be doing most of 2014. Sculpts, lino cuts, zines, silkscreening.. it's going to be fucking awesome.

Look for Samantha Lo on the www via:
skl0.com
Instagram
Tumblr
Facebook
NOTE: All Images in this post were lifted from Sam's instagram @skl0_ by myself and were approved by the artist.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK