#throwbacktoythursday: Time Machine by Doktor A

For this Thursday's #throwbacktoythursday weekly feature, we have a look-back at an amazing piece by a favorite customizer of mine, which had escaped my attention had it not been for Instagram!


Completed for a launch show of the Mini Munny Mobile by Kidrobot - circa 2007 - is "Mr Well's Legendary Temporal Conveyancer", along with a Mini Munny (who I assume to be "Mr. Wells") in a delicious visage of a "true steampunk" notion based on one of the direct "inspiration" of the genre, H.G. Wells!

And I would have totally missed out on knowing it's existence if Doktor A had not been posting a #MechtorianADay on his IG @doktor_a! The irony of the "Time Machine" reference does not escape me, nor this feature LOL


TOYSREVIL: What was the genesis of this piece? Are you a fan of H.G.Wells?

DOKTOR A: I don't have much of a connection emotionally to "cars" so (I) struggled to come up with an idea to use the car form. Pondering totally transforming it into something else for a while. Then I hit on the idea of the time machine. I am a fan of the story and the George Pal film which this is pretty heavily inspired by. There are lots of little hidden details in there. Like, the time set on the control panel is the original publishing date of the story…


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK