#toyhunt: STAYREAL in Singapore


Spotted at the 3rd floor of Bugis Junction (right next to Action City) in Singapore, was a STAYREAL store! Having discovered it quite randomly, I stepped in to perhaps look for their mascot collectibles I have been posting about for years, in relation to Taipei Toy Festival, and I was surprised to be greeted with a row of them, on display above the cashier counter!

And while their latest "Pharaoh" design (circa 2013) has since sold out, I decided for a Ronald McD rabbit figure - which I had initially thought was made of "vinyl", but the hefty weight suggests "resin"? - priced at SGD$40, while other toy figures of note were the keychains (SGD$23?) and even that blister-carded STAYREAL "Crazy Rider" BE@RBRICK (SGD$40).

FYI: Previously blogged prices were estimated at SRP for Mascots & BB were NT$680 per (= SGD$28).

Nice stuff all around though, and considering the weight of the mascot (ie: "escalating shipping prices" LOL)- I'll be back again soon to score more when I have the chance (and cash LOL). Meanwhile, Happy Toy Hunting, folks!


(bit shame about the "crooked" glasses tho ... ;p)

STAYREAL is an apparel / lifestyle brand from Taiwan (www.istayreal.com), and the "Mickey-Mouse Ear-ed" mascot is named "MOUSY", coming in a variety of guises appropriating the iconology of pop culture characters - including superheroes, animation and fast food icons.

(All images via my IG @toysrevil)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK