“Velvetmania” by Bruce White @ Gallery1988 (West) Opening March 9


Gallery 1988 (West) x Bruce White will TAG TEAM for a rumble this coming March 9th to showcase wrestler personalities from the "good old days" when wrestling was more "fun", IMHO. Do you recognize the peeps in these artwork previews? Mind you, these folks are from a bygone era of televised entertainment I am familiar with (and yes, I can answer that question lol), unlike the recent wrestlers I have zero connection with, but for recognizing "The Rock" because he's "movie star" hahaha

"It is with great privilege that I can finally announce a ridiculous art show that I collaborated on with talented painter Bruce White called “Velvetmania.” It truly is spectacular.

Through some magical skill of persuasion that I still don’t understand, I was able to convince Bruce to create a show idea I had - to paint over 35 BLACK VELVET portraits of my favorite old school wrestlers from the 80’s and 90’s, and now the world can see them all in person. Working with Bruce to carefully choose the subjects may have been one of the most exciting experiences I’ve yet to achieve artistically. Imagine my expression when I got to ask him, “Can you Google Giant Gonzalez?” It opens THIS FRIDAY NIGHT, at G1988 (West), from 7-10 PM, and the artist will be in attendance. Each piece is more stunning than the next, capturing the era and personality of each larger than life wrestler perfectly. You won’t know whether to laugh or compare it to the Mona Lisa. From the world renown to the obscure, Bruce & I made sure to depict every legend of the squared circle.

I would love to see you this Friday night at 7308 Melrose Ave in Los Angeles, as even after 10 years of owning a gallery, this may just be the show most connected to my terrible mind - and all produced by the genius Bruce White, widely regarded as the world’s premiere black velvet painter. SEE YOU THERE. DON’T BE DUMB AND MISS THIS."
- Jensen Karp (via)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK