#DailyDoodlers On TOYSREVIL: Yu Xiang

WHAT: In anticipation of their first group exhibition "Detention Class" at Detention Barracks on July 11th, TOYSREVIL will spotlight artists from Band of Doodlers in this #DailyDoodlers blog-feature, with a lil'Q&A and doodles! Enjoy the read and RSVP on the Events Facebook Page!

TOYSREVIL: Please share with everyone reading; what is your doodling-nick, and who are you? And why do you do the things you do?

YU XIANG / PINKOCERA: I am @pinkocera on Instagram -- I never want to concede that pink is exclusively a color for girls. I have been experimenting with various mediums and have found resonance in sewing and drawing vector graphics, on top of doodling of course. Drawing and making is a creative outlet for me, I find happiness in putting forward works that delight.


TOYSREVIL: What is your dayjob? And why do you love to doodle? And what do you love to doodle?

YU XIANG / PINKOCERA: I followed my heart and applied for a job in the arts industry after obtaining my science degree. I am glad I made this leap and hope to do it for as long as I could. Doodling, as I know it after joining BoD, is a release for me to draw without much purpose, and also trains me to think fast on the spot. These days I draw in the style of retro cartoons with outrageous body proportions, snippets of items from pop culture, and putting together anything remotely puny.


TOYSREVIL: Which is the character you would most want to doodle, but have not yet? And why?

YU XIANG / PINKOCERA: A scene of one of those Super Sentai Mecha fighting a Kaiju monsters.. I am not a guy for details, but some day...

TOYSREVIL: What did you do wrong, to be sent to "Detention Class"? And what can we expect to see from you in "Detention Class"?

YU XIANG / PINKOCERA: The bad excuse of a title mashing the names whomever I drew, 'Grey Storm Clouds gone Rogue', if you know who I am referring to.. Expect awkwardness as we stare one another down. I have an uncanny ability to end conversations. Yes.

Artist info:
Instagram: @pinkocera for doodling works and #fabulouslyfelted for sewn creations.
Deviantart: http://pinkophilic.deviantart.com for vectors and comic strips.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK