#DailyDoodlers On TOYSREVIL: Puffingmuffin #bandofdoodlers #bodindetention

WHAT: In anticipation of their first group exhibition "Detention Class" at Detention Barracks on July 11th, TOYSREVIL will spotlight artists from Band of Doodlers in this #DailyDoodlers blog-feature, with a lil'Q&A and doodles! Enjoy the read and RSVP on the Events Facebook Page!

TOYSREVIL: Please share with everyone reading; what is your doodling-nick, and who are you? And why do you do the things you do?
 
PUFFINGMUFFIN: Hi there! This is Candice, better known as Puffingmuffin. I’m an illustrator and character designer based in Singapore. My illustrations are usually born from mindless doodle and influenced by pop surrealism. I enjoy exploring the twisted, sometimes less than desirable, bond among quirky creatures that are caught in whimsical worlds. Through my work, I express my thoughts and stance in life and hope to put a smile on someone’s face.

You may view my work at www.puffingmuffin.com or follow my illo / doodle journey at @puffingmuffin on Instagram and www.facebook.com/puffingmuffin on Facebook.


*"Surprises" is about how the best surprises we get in life sometimes comes from within.*

TOYSREVIL: What is your dayjob? Nevermind, why do you love to doodle? And what do you love to doodle?
 
PUFFINGMUFFIN: LOL. Indeed! Nevermind about my day job because that's besides the point. I love to doodle because it puts me in my happy place. No, I'm not kidding! When I go on a doodle-rampage, it's almost like entering into a personal, untouchable realm. I get to create my universe and pretty much everything else that I want in it.

More often than not, I find myself doodling characters caught in "w-t-f-moments".

I recently bought some colored ballpoint pens and colored ink pens and with that, I try to expand my hand drawn illustrations with more colors, since I usually only use black pens, markers or just pencil.


PUFFINGMUFFIN: Apart my usual digital illustrations, I've also been having a bit of fun with water colours lately and totes loving it. :D




TOYSREVIL: Which is the character you would most want to doodle, but have not yet? And why?
 
PUFFINGMUFFIN: There isn't a character at the moment but if there's one thing I want to do most, would be to "doodle" my way to toys.

Earlier this ear, Singapore celebrated Star Wars Day on May the 4th and I contributed a customised Stormtrooper head. I had loads of fun creating it. Someday, I'd love to design a range of toys and bring my characters to life.


TOYSREVIL: What did you do wrong, to be sent to "Detention Class"? And what can we expect to see from you in "Detention Class"?
 
PUFFINGMUFFIN: There will be a customized skateboard deck up for grabs at "Detention Class"... (WIP of the deck se below)


PUFFINGMUFFIN: And as to what really got me into Detention? Let's just say I've been a very, VERY Badtz girl! LOL.

On that note, I'll leave you guys with this teaser (pun unintended)!

Artist Info
Website: www.puffingmuffin.com
Instagram & Twitter: @puffingmuffin
Facebook: www.facebook.com/puffingmuffin
Tumblr: puffingmuffin.tumblr.com
Contact: puffingmuffin@gmail.com
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK