Toy-Review: "Lost Planet 2 - Mercenary" in 1/6 from 3A Toys


First, let's address the obvious "elephant in the room" - my fellow toy-collecting friend Marcus asked on my FB (when I posted a quick IG of the figure): "was it worth the wait?", to which my reply was: "I had actually forgotten about this, so couldn't say I waited for it hahahaha but what I can say is, when I first bought it online, I had cash ... then afters I went nearly broke, and felt this would have been a figure not worth paying for (as I didn't play the game and had no connection to...), but now that I have it in hand, I felt "heng ah got buy!" hahahaha" ("heng" is local Singlish-slang for "lucky" or "luckily").



On pre-order since June 22nd 2013, it has been over a year of "wait", and well, the product does not seem lacking in any way since it's promotional photos used for sales, and except for a change in the figure's headsculpt from before, the figure is good to go!

Priced at US$160 per (inclusive shipping), this piece was well worth the price and the quality is amazing!




GOOD BITS:
- Fantastic detailing in both gear and tailored fabric uniform.
- Faux soft pleather pouches = OMG lush
- Actual sewn in straps impressed me.
- I liked this headsculpt more than the Anglo-one advertised earlier haha

DOWNERS:
- Weak ankles on my figure. Takes an effort to pose at the right position so the Mercenary doesn't keel over.
- The face mask left black residue marks on the headsculpt's nose area-wiped it out with my finger tho … but now worry if there'll be further marks left behind (will attempt to clean the inside f mask)


Individual images and mow has since been uploaded HERE on my dedicated FB-album. I had in mind to kitbash another female operator as a companion to the unnamed guy (which I now name "Trevor", because that's the first name popped into my mind, and the face looks like a "Trevor", innit?) … and the girl/lady operator will be named "Diana", if ever she makes it into the suit, of course :p

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK