The Origin of Manjūsagi by TOVI


I had a swell opportunity to meet up with TOVI from Adelaide yesterday, and today I would like to share with you The Origin of Manjūsagi, with subsequent posts taking a closer look at her creation, and perhaps something of the artist herself.

Personally, knowing of the origin story of Manjūsagi, made quite a difference to me, now a more "fulfilling" notion - as opposed to just the aesthetic allure of the piece - which now makes "perfect" in terms of the size of the vinyl too (And gosh was I gushing when I held the wee cutie in my hands! GUUUSSSH, I TELLS YA!) … "Bite-sized" has a delicious new meaning now, and hopefully you'll understand slightly more about Manjūsagi from this story - which was created by TOVI herself, using Holbein and Copic … AND, "in case people didn't know, azuki beans are manjūsagi poop. Heheheh~" -shared TOVI :)


Meanwhile, so stay tuned to her website @ artbytovi.com for (eventual) availability of Manjūsagi in time to come, and follow her on IG @_tovi_ and/or Artist Facebook to see snaps of her custom Manjūsagi for her solo show Dream to be Delicious currently on display at her pop-up in Shop 9 (Level 1 Rundle Place Rundle Mall, Adelaide) on till 31st October!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK