Bjorn Lim's Top Ten Toys For 2014

WHAT-IS: *Celebrating 2015 with a series of "TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014" as picked by fellow plastic-crack-addicts … eerrr … I meant "fellow toy collectors"! It doesn't have to be released in 2014, it just has to be purchased / gifted / unboxed in 2014. Living my toy-dreams vicariously through you collections! Share Your Toy-Joy, people!* [CLICK to read all]

Today's list comes from Singapore-based collector Bjorn Lim (IG @kopiwriter) who has a sweet list featuring both new and older releases, international and asian toys, and even a customized collectible too! Words and Images posted here belong to Bjorn, as are all features to their respective owners, in this series :)

(#10) Choco Hunter Tomorrow Queen from ThreeA

WHY: "For years, I have been tortured by how the Junko and Ayako TQs are hard-to-own holy grails. Then, ThreeA released the Choco Hunter TQ which sports the Junko TQ head sculpt! *Shed tears of joys*"

(#9) Young Gohst (Party Favours) from Ferg and Grody Shogun

WHY: "Press one button and this awesome figure will start its spinning party lights. It totally blew my mind!"


(#8) Alice by Delos Nim

WHY: "After unboxing this, I believe in love at first sight. This figure is BEAUTIFUL."

(#7) Retired Hero by Black Seed

WHY: "Cute, chubby ninja turtle in retirement mode. It brings back sweet memories of my childhood."

(#6) Gangsters Kingdom Diamond 3 from Damtoys

WHY: "C'mon now, this dude is Danny Trejo - the quintessential Mexican badass! That's why!"

(#5) Custard Hair Killer JC from ThreeA

WHY: "Fighting JC is one of my favourite Adventure Kartel characters. Ashley Wood had given him a new look, and he has been reborn as the Shit Got Real JC. This is my preferred version of the Shit Got Real Fighting JC, out of the other available versions. And yes, I have all the other versions of Fighting JC. :D"

(#4) Greasebat (NYCC 2012 MPH Exclusive) from Jeff Lamm

WHY: "This is my favourite colourway of all the greasebats out there. It is one of my holy grails which I was extremely fortunately to score on eBay. I was jumping with joy when I unboxed it!"

(#3) Rebel Ink (secret blue chase) by Secret Base

WHY: "Why: This is the most dope colourway of Rebel Ink, imho. The fact that this is a mystery colourway which was randomly put into orders made it an even sweeter score!"

(#2) Customied Munny by NervisWr3k

WHY: "I love the colours. I love the details. I can look at it all day long and still be awed."

(#1) Halloween Inc Platinum King by Instinctoy

WHY: "Toys are meant to be fun, and this figure completely nailed it. I love how it came with a remote control for me to play around with its flashing effect. The colourway is awesome too!"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK