#throwbacktoythursday: Vivisect Playset SDCC Edition

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on



Managed to score these two figures (loose without box or plastic) at CSC / China Square Central on Sunday. Part of the Vivisect Playset from StrangeCo - with the one shown above being "SLUGWORTH" by Thomas Han (love that a hatch in the belly opens up!), while the multiple faced character seen below is CLEAN ONE by Anthony Ausgang. More pics of both pieces since uploaded HERE in the TOYSREVIL Facebook! And maybe one day I'll be able t complete the entire line-up … :)

These are actually from the "alternate color special versions" released at San Diego Comic Con 2008! And this is the first time I had the chance to see them up close, other then blogging about it!
WHAT IS: "The Vivisect Playset is based on an annual group art show, curated by artist Luke Chueh and hosted by Gallery 1988. This series features seven original designs, one by each artist, plus a special collaborative design by Joe Ledbetter and Greg Simkins." (Text)

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on



I have been intrigued with many a toys of "old", especially a number of whom I had blogged about, but never actually seen in person, much less hoard own in my humble collection … I am not searching for past "investments", but of the rediscovery of the joy of toys I had when I started this blog, somewhat a decade ago ...
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK