IndieGoGo Project: let's make Wananeko in sofubi!


Javier Jimenez's Wananeko in sofubi? YES! But he needs YOUR help to make it happen! Currently on IndieGoGo raising funds for production, the campaign started Feb 16th and will close March 18th (11:59pm PT). Pledge goal is US$6K. Check out the video above, and what Javier had to share, published below;
"For the past few months I’ve been working really hard on a secret project that I just unveiled today: an fundraiser IndieGoGo campaign for making my previously released in resin figure of my character Wananeko in sofubi!

Last year when I released it for the first time in Japan, lots of fans asked why it was resin instead of sofubi. They all thought Wananeko would look better in sofubi, and I knew they were right, as sofubi is my favorite material too.

So I started working on this new version, but didn’t want it to be the exact same figure in just another medium…so I made a few changes and improvements to keep it interesting and more fun!"
"Now Wananeko will be 5,9” tall, with 5 points of articulation and with interchangeable hands!
Wananeko can transform his whole body, or just some parts…and he has learned how to turn his hand into a parasite-like gun called the Ghost Blaster!
The sofubi figure will be available in 3 versions: its original colorway (factory painted), DIY white, and a clear pink that will be only available through IndieGogo.

I’ve prepared lots of cool rewards for this project, and one of them is a new figure, the Baby version of Wananeko, that will have its resin version as an IndieGoGo exclusive.

There will also be resin customs painted by me, and by artists Candie Bolton and Mark Nagata.

This project is extremely important for me, as making a figure in sofubi has been my goal since I started making toys..."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK