Toy Review: Little Ninja Panda (Mecha Version) by YUdesigns


QUICK PRODUCT RECAP: The Original Little Ninja Panda Vinyl Figure (Mecha Version) is designed and produced by Yudesigns, and can be purchased online here for US$30 per (sans shipping).

Standing 10cm / 4 inches tall, this figure is made from Eco-friendly PVC (phthalate free) and weighs 80gms. Recommended age range for this piece is "Ages 3+". "500 units" were made of this version.

I blogged about this piece earlier, and designer Derek Yu was generous enough to provide me with a review piece!


[ More images viewable HERE on FB ]

The figure comes housed in a printed cardboard box with glossy finish, which opens up to the figure inside, sans a plastic tray, which might seem discerning as you might worry the figure gets bumped around during delivery/transportation, but the piece I am reviewing looks decent and unaffected. And the box is relatively snug, so not much rolling about inside LOL


[ More images viewable HERE on FB ]

THE PVC FIGURE itself is adorable and comforting to hold, and features distinctive design highlighting the "mecha" aspect of this character, with the belly-button and (what I imagine to be, because I did not ask) a robot-boost-burst / or tail, at the figure's back.

One important aspect of any toy I own and review, is that they are able to STAND by themselves, and our Little Ninja Panda does this well and steady :)

Designed by Derek Yu, "Little Ninja Panda" was originally created for a design competition, and has since grew to multiple versions of, for which the "Mecha Version" is one of his later designs and character guises, all with the distinctive chibi/kawaii aesthetic. One of the major PLUS points for this figure, is that it is an Original Design, and stands in good stead against the "production issues" I might have with this piece ... Check out more imagery on www.yudesigns.net

A video posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


[ More images viewable HERE on FB ]

PAINT APPLICATION-wise, the piece is a "hit and miss" for me. While I appreciated the lines to be actual de-bossed grooves, the paint app is to be desired, and some points, hardly crisp enough to warrant the "robot/meha" aspect of the character design. Frankly it is frustrating, as it distract from the overall design of this guy, which I feel is not wholly fair to the final assessment of this toy.

Another aspect which somewhat irked me, was the faint paint-app on the Panda's eye-brows.

And while I am commenting based on "out-of-the-box" and "unto-display-shelf" notion, as a piece for customization, this would really be fun, especially for a hobbyist like myself, and cannot wait to work on mine! (FYI: I was given a spare, so I need not touch this guy whoo-hoo - thanks, Derek!)

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


The figure's PVC material used here is not squishy but hard enough to be drilled and perhaps even cut, so customizers an take note. I had not asked Derek if there'll be DIY Whites made (or maybe I did but forgot - sorry dude! :p), but this might be fun to work on … of course being a "robot/mech-lover", I'd think that way LOL

Featuring 3 points of articulation (360-degree neck turn, 2 x arms), this allows the 4 inches-tall vinyl toy for playability, for yourself, and with other toys … I certainly had fun with mine, and I hope you will yours too! :)

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK