Popcorn Asia 2016 (Aug 12-14)


Popcorn Asia 2016 launches with Preview Night on August 12th, and full-on to the public (Aug 13-14), held at Jakarta Convention Center, Indonesia (same venue as last year's).

And while I am NOT in attendance for this year’s edition (*sadface*), I’ve had fond memories of my visit last year!

With my Passport-gaff, I had only spent a day at the event, and I was greeted with a schweet selection of offerings for the folks in the Indonesian art toy scene, and as well a eye-opener with regards to the indie pop art scene - featuring iterations of fan-art, self-published comics, original art, tons of print materials and collaterals and a general sense of artsy-crafts - beyond the boundaries of heritage/cultural aesthetics, and embracing pop culture.

And while it is a spectrum of styles and levels of aesthetics, the variety of choice is no longer something you'll get to see at large-scaled events like STGCC, IMHO. Truly inspiring.

Featured below are just a few snaps of the event (hashtag #popconasia2016), featuring both collectibles (Featured #onTOYSREVIL) and some select graphics art - which I know I would be snagging tons on for myself too!

To my peeps and friends boothing/exhibiting at Popcorn: May your cash registers ring continuously and generously, and for Attendees: Enjoy yourselves and May you secure your heart's desires at the event! I wish I could join you guys, and I mean it :)

FYI: Entry to the event is ticketed, priced at 65k per single day, and 150k for all 3 days.

A photo posted by Iky (@iky.z) on



- see u soon!! @glitch #popconasia

A photo posted by @machine56 on


Waifu #popconasia 2016 preview night #mediahavefun

A photo posted by Afriyan Zein Al Ghifary (@afriyan_zein_al_ghifary) on


Waifu #popconasia 2016 preview night #mediahavefun

A photo posted by Afriyan Zein Al Ghifary (@afriyan_zein_al_ghifary) on




Keep calm and eat pecel lele 😁 One of the limited prints you can get in Popcon 2016! #popconasia2016 #jakarta

A photo posted by Sheila Rooswitha Putri (@sheilasplayground) on


Grab them all 😁 #popconasia2016 #jakarta booth G.07

A photo posted by Sheila Rooswitha Putri (@sheilasplayground) on


A photo posted by Njawani (@njawanistudio) on


A photo posted by Njawani (@njawanistudio) on









We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK