Collectibles & Merch for C3AFA SINGAPORE 2017 @ Suntec City (Nov 24-26)


Since its announcement, the annual Anime Festival Asia - now re-branded as “C3AFA - is scheduled to hit Singapore his coming weekend Friday+Saturday+Sunday (Nov 24-26) @ Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre (4th floor).

TOYSREVIL will be down on Friday to check out this event - so say HI, if you so please!

And while I’ve previously featured the “I LOVE ANISONG” component of the festival, today I’ll try to make a look at the merch / fanart / collectibles you can be expecting!


Besides nerding out and basking in the genre, one of the key things - a least for me - is seeing anime-related + J-Pop TOYS available at the event! Sure, the pop cultures have since crossed over from Western-based conventions, especially in Singapore, but it has always been a fun toy-hunt at AFA!



One of my key-spots was the Bandai-booth (where awesome memories remained of me scoring “Wild Tiger” and “Barnaby Jr” S.H.Figuarts figures, leading me to devour the anime, and even MORE figures from the series), but or the past few years I had not been able to find anything I preferred, or sadly, anything I could afford.

I remember a year looking frantically for ATTACK ON TITAN figures and collectibles, but lost my interest (or essentially bought them all online) the following year they busted unto the scene later in SG …



Not too sure what I’ll be hunting for this year, but perhaps characters from KEKKAI SENSEN (damn I want the OST CD from the first season!!!), and am always on the hunt for TOKYO GHOUL, SUMMER WARS and hopefully a bit of GHOST IN THE SHELL or ONE PUNCH MAN? Funny enough, I’ve never seemed to snag a NENDOROID at AFA … maybe the timing (coinciding with my salaries) always never seemed to match up … except for this year!



Here’s hoping the crowds would not be too maniacal on Friday, and I’ll have a chance to snap pics of booths and displays hahaha (might also mean I’d be missing out on tons of Cosplayers ~ Booo :/).

AFA had always been (and looks to be currently too with C3AFA) - more about the “Stars” and “Creators”, while fanart and merchandize dominate the “Creator’s Hub / Artist Alley”, rather than “toys” specific, most times not as published (except for giant robot builds), but somewhat makes the “HUNT” more enticing maybe? Failing which, I know I want to track down these “No-Face” enamel pins haha! :)


Check out C3AFA’s Facebook page and Facebook Events page for updates, as well their main website at c3afa.com/sg17 ... and I'll see y'all this Friday? :)

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL


C3 Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2017 (on #TOYSREVIL)
Dates: 24 – 26 November 2017
Location: Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre (Levels 3 & 4)
Exhibition Timing:
Friday & Saturday: 9.30 am ~ 8pm
Sunday: 9.30 am ~ 7pm
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK