Bjorn Lim's #TopTenToysOf2017 On TOYSREVIL



Today we take a look at the selection from Bjorn Lim (Instagram @kopiwriter / On trampt.com), with words and images for toys that mostly mirrors my own wants (but I do not own LOL) - so thank you for letting me live vicariously through your toy-life, Bjorn! And now, YOU folks can too! Read-ON! Bjorn added;
"2017 has been an awesome year with new toys landing and a few long-time grails finally hunted down. Here's my top 10 toys for 2017, and may many more plastic crack come my way!"

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#10: Kaiju Gun (White Shark variant) by Fragile Darkness: "Toy guns are fun, and kaiju guns are fun upsized. Designed and produced by Fragile Darkness, it's one dope platform that's brought to life by many cool customisers. It has been on my watchlist since it entered the toy scene, and I absolutely have to pull the trigger on this White Shark variant during its release. Custom painted by No.5 Studio, this kaiju gun is a wild beast. Just check out the rad paint app of the muscle fibre underneath the slivery shark skin!"

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#9: Yan Ash by Lighblack - "Lighblack's character design has always stood out in the world of 1:6 articulated figures, and Yan Ash was the one that caught many collectors' attention in Lighblack's early artworks. After getting Keni Uno and Zack Anderson, I gotta be nuts to miss out on this badass leader of the Lighblack gang."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#8: The Vampyres (Nattestalker edition) by Unbox Industries - "Born from the beautiful mind of the one-and-only John Kenn Mortensen, Unbox Industries brought the Vampyres to life several moons ago, and I wanted them ever since. These bloodsuckers have evaded me every time, but no more, I'm a proud owner of these unholy trio now!"

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#7: Mazinger WeGo by Mechatro Wego - "The little 1:35 WeGo may not look like much, but it packs a punch (of fun). It has seen a couple of really cool inspired variations, but this takes the cake. Can you imagine the screaming joy of every WeGo collectors when this Mazinger WeGo was teased? I actually entered a bidding war with a mate (we both didn't know we were bidding on the same item. Haha...) and lost, before I finally got this on another attempt."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#6: Cannibal Fuckface by Monster Worship and Johnny Ryan - "Cannibal Fuckface has been one of my holy grails for a really long time. I would kill for any of its variants, as it is super elusive on bst groups. I was really lucky when I was offered the chance to purchase this FOE Gallery exclusive clear red Cannibal Fuckface from a fellow collector."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#5: Vomit Kid by Mighty Jaxx and Okeh - "This one has a history. I first saw it as a limited-edition, 3kg resin figure by Okeh on a Korean toy retailer's website, but the timing wasn't ideal for me then (my heart was willing, but my wallet was not). After several years, I was really surprised and elated when Mighty Jaxx announced that they were making a vinyl version of Okeh's Vomit Kid. Naturally, I bought it without a second thought."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#4: Devil Boogie Man by Cure Toys and Secret Base - "This. Is. The. Boogie-man. I first saw this sofubi toy in 2015, but it was all sold out before I even knew what happened. I have been on the hunt for a really long time. I kid you not, I was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning when I unboxed it."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#3: Kappa-sama (Conception Version) by Siccaluna - "Siccaluna really made a fantastic figure based on the famous Japanese yokai. Out of all the variants, this one is my favourite. I always prefer clear and GID sofubi toys, so this conception version with mini kappas inside its clear belly is a no-brainer for me."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#2: Meats "Mutant Marble" V.3 by Unbox Industries and Retroband - "Meats is crazy difficult to score - it was sold out so quickly that I didn't even have the chance to be cartjacked. When it was being sold in STGCC 2017, I knew it was my best chance to get one. Thanks to Unbox Industries, I succeeded! This would have been my number one toy of the year if not for the next better player below..."

A post shared by @kopiwriter on


#1: Joumon Kugutu by 1000toys - "The art of Takayuki Takeya is legendary. However, there was never a 1:6 articulated figure based on it until 1000toys pulled this crazy move on all toy collectors. This breathtaking figure is chock full of awesome details, and I'm lucky to have them on my shelves. Mark my words, this 1:6 figure will be an icon in the toy world for a very, very long time."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK