Let Me Show You My Toys 2018: Batam Getaway


I had the chance to take a quick getaway outside of Singapore in the first days of 2018, and brought along some toys to take pictures with - something I've not done in a long time, actually!

Here are some Instagrammed snaps to share, which features quite a number with "FOOD" (which I know tends to gets some flack with some of my IG followers, hence I'd had some of the pics on my own personal IG :p) and other mundane activities that Batam could offer. Hey, "mundanity" works for me, okay? Not everyone is built for the "high-life", yeh? LOL

ENJOY :)


Ferry ride on a rainy first day of 2018! #toylife

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on



Coffee black at Roti’O sugarless and yummy! #henglifebatam2018

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on


#eatwithtoys #toylife

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


#eatwithtoys #toylife #nofilter

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


This is the iced Teh Tarik you were looking for ... #henglifebatam2018

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Dinner with eyezon at #FoodPoint #eatlife #henglifebatam2018

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on





Simple brekkie #henglifebatam2018

A post shared by Andy Heng (@asliceofheng) on


Featuring:
WAGE BE@RBRICK from Uglydoll x Medicom Toy
BYRON from Shoko Nakazawa x INSTINCTOY
MICRO NEGORA by Max Toy Co
MICRO KAIJU EYEZON by Max Toy Co



I used to adore taking pictures with toys, but have recently found it "less joyful", especially when my "physicality" is challenged LOL - which means low-angled off-the-ground point-of-views are out (unless from a raised platform). I personally liked photographing my toys from their eye-line, or low-up ("Hero"-shot), rather than a human's eye-level down at the toy - that is when they actually feel like "toys", you know? Or more likely it is my personal preference, and that maybe I should rethink my said-preference?

But then again, after nearly 8 years since surviving Stroke, I reckon I would've changed by now though, LOL!

Won't stop me from taking pictures of toys (AND pictures of toys with food) though! I've just need to figure out how to bring along LARGER sized toys when I'm traveling next time! LOL

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL


What are your preferences when it comes to taking picture of toys? Any pet peeves when you are snapping your toys beyond your toy-shelves? Share with us in the comments section of this post, thanks!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK